Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jamie Bisotti <jb...@gmail.com> on 2005/05/24 16:29:15 UTC

Plugin support for Hibernate 3.0

What is the status of the Hibernate plugin?  Will it be updated to
support 3.0 sometime soon?
--
Jamie Bisotti
Software Engineer

Re: Plugin support for Hibernate 3.0

Posted by vito <vi...@mnis.com>.
On Tue, 2005-05-24 at 14:41 -0400, Jamie Bisotti wrote:
> No problem; however, our build team isn't crazy about non-released plugins.
>
> So, back to my original questions then...What is the status of the
> Hibernate plugin?  Will it be updated to support 3.0 sometime soon?
>
> On 5/24/05, Graham King <Gr...@kbcfp.com> wrote:
> >   Yes sorry I forgot. I had to patch the plugin. See here:
> >
> > http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MPHIBERNATE-14
> >
> >   I used the version2and3comat.diff.

I wrote that little compatibility patch. ( sorry about that typo, the
attachment should have been called 'version2and3compat.diff' ) It
shouldn't take much work for someone to incorporate it into a 'real'
release. The patch causes the plugin to use all reflection to detect
hibernate and go from there. It should be fairly straight forward to add
new features (method calls) into the HibernateVersions class.

If it does what you need and passes your internal tests your build team
shouldn't be all that concerned. It's a very simple body of code and
could be manipulated by them easily, or you can send me an email and
I'll give you a very reasonable work rate ;)

Cheers
anthony.vito

Re: Plugin support for Hibernate 3.0

Posted by Graham King <gr...@darkcoding.net>.
  For what it's worth, I've been using the hibernate:schema-export task
from Anthony Vito's version with Hibernate 3 for several months now and
it works great.

Posted by Trygve Laugstøl <tr...@codehaus.org>.

http://svn.mojo.codehaus.org/trunk/mojo/maven-hibernate-plugin/

--
Trygve

Re: Plugin support for Hibernate 3.0

Posted by Nadeem Bitar <na...@izucode.com>.
Where can I find the source code for Maven2's hibernate plugin?

- Nadeem

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jose Gonzalez Gomez <jg...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brill Pappin <br...@pappin.ca>.
+1 Hibernate for M2

lost without it :)

- Brill Pappin

Posted by Ken Weiner <kw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
Last I remember, the person maintaining the Maven1 version abandoned
it and it was shortlisted to be put back in the sandbox.

Posted by Jamie Bisotti <jb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Todd Nine <to...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jamie Bisotti <jb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Felipe Leme <ma...@felipeal.net>.