Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by bugger <se...@trash-mail.com> on 2010/07/15 21:57:14 UTC

WebApp not recognised when having context.xml

Hallo,

I have a webapp, developed with eclipse. Starting the project in eclipse
works perfectly.
However as soon I export the project as war file, unzip that file and copy
it to the webapps folder of Tomcat, the manger can't find the application
and I can't access it with manual typing the URL.

I found out, as soon as I rename the context.xml or delete it, manager
recognises my webapp. However it doesn't work fully, because in the
context.xml I use connectionpooling (as already said starting it with
eclipse works fine).

Here my context.xml

[quote]<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<context>
  <Resource username="root" password="root"
url="jdbc:mysql://localhost/dbname" name="databaseconnection"
auth="Container" type="javax.sql.DataSource"
driverClassName="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"  maxActive="32" maxIdle="4" />
</context>
[/quote]
the mysql.jar is in the lib folder of Tomcat.

What I am doing wrong.
Thanks for help.

Re: WebApp not recognised when having context.xml

Posted by Hassan Schroeder <ha...@gmail.com>.
> Found the problem.<Context> must be written with capital letter at the
> beginning.

#{facepalm}

twitter: @hassan

Re: WebApp not recognised when having context.xml

Posted by Bob Hall <rf...@yahoo.com>.

--- On Thu, 7/15/10 at 2:56 PM, bugger <se...@trash-mail.com> wrote:

> Found the problem.<Context> must be written with
> capital letter at the
> beginning.
> --

Which Chuck pointed out earlier; about 50 minutes before you "found" it.

- Bob

Re: WebApp not recognised when having context.xml

Posted by bugger <se...@trash-mail.com>.

Posted by bugger <se...@trash-mail.com>.
Also tried tomcat doing the unpacking via file upload of the war file but
that also didn't work.
I also tried to have an empty context.xml file. As soon as that file exists,
my webapp is not found any more.

Re: WebApp not recognised when having context.xml

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
On Jul 15, 2010, at 14:57, "bugger" <se...@trash-mail.com> wrote:

Nice e-mail address; how to win friends and influence future employers...

> <context>
>
> What I am doing wrong.

Misspelling <Context> - case matters.

Also, manually unzipping the .war file may cause Tomcat to see just a portion of the webapp rather than the whole thing.  Better to let Tomcat do the unpacking of the .war file.

 - Chuck