Posted to alois-dev@incubator.apache.org by Urs Lerch <ma...@ulerch.net> on 2010/12/06 15:45:30 UTC

structure of svn-repository (Was: December Report)

Hi all,

In addition to Christian's note I would like to discuss the structure of
the repository. I'm nearly finished with the project website now, so
these files will be added to the repository today or tomorrow as well.
And I don't think to put it all in one main directory "trunk" is a good
idea. Furthermore, I find it confusing to have the debian-directory on
the same level as the rest of the code.

Surfing through some other incubator projects, I can't find a common
sense in structuring the repository. At least when it comes to the
trunk. I think this means that we shall be free to define our own
structure. I therefore propose to add an additional folder level in the
"trunk"-directory. As first level directories I see at the moment
"ALOIS", "website" and "distros".

Discussion is open, vote (our first!) should follow soon.

Best,
Urs