Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by raxlee <80...@sohu.com> on 2006/10/12 18:40:36 UTC

Hurry!hope your help!

i have several problems to ask some expert on activemq.
No.1
i use the queue form of activemq.i found that after the activemq server runs
for a long time,my consumers can't receive message from the server any
more,but i found that there are still many messages in the queue on the
server by using Hermes.when i restart the activemq server,the consumer can
receive message again.why it happened?
No.2
how does the activemq server deal with the persistence message.when are the
persistence message stored on the disk for journal log reloaded into the
memory and received by the consumer.Does it need some configuration
to do it?Or must we restart the activemq server,when we want to reload the
persistence message on disk?
No.3
When i force to interrupt the connection for several times,i can't send or
receive the message to or from the server,util i restart the activemq
server.what the reason for it?

hope your reply
many thanks

Re: Hurry!hope your help!

Posted by Jamie McCrindle <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi Raxlee,

It might be useful to do the following to get some more information on
the problem:

Which version of ActiveMQ are you using?
How are you using it (e.g. from Spring, plain old Java (message
listeners or consumer.receive), are you using transactions, is it an
MDB etc.)?
If you do a stack dump on the client or the server, where does it look
like it might be deadlocked?
Can you isolate the code where you're seeing the problem and send it
over (you should be able to see where it's having a problem using the
stack dump)?
When you interrupt the connection, do you see any error in the log?
Have you tried debugging it?

For example, if you're using transactions and not committing them i
believe hermes will show lots of messages still on the server but your
queues could have read them all.

cheers,
j.

Re: Hurry!hope your help!