Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Marius Oancea <ma...@yahoo.ca> on 2004/06/30 16:00:47 UTC

XSLTTransformer with a different source

Hi,
    I have a web application that partly uses cocoon.
 [ANOTHER APP]
    I have a xslt that is applied during a pipe.

    Now, in a servlet i have the XSLT extracted from a database.

    I put this bytearray into request.
[COCOON]
    I can create a custom transformer that read the bean from request
(my XSLT) but how to create a Source object out of it?

    I tried to extend TraxTransformer to do the job but I cannot
succesfully create a excalibur source out of a DOM representing the
XSLT. (I can create SAXSource, DOMSource, InputStream or anything else).

My approach is wrong ?

Any other proposal ?

Best Regards
    Marius

--
"Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I know because I've done it thousands of times."
			Mark Twain (11/30/1835 - 04/21/1910)

My PGP Key is available at http://pgp.dtype.org:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x6FC4BCDE

Re: XSLTTransformer with a different source

Posted by Marius Oancea <ma...@yahoo.ca>.
Marius Oancea wrote:

> Hi,
>    I have a web application that partly uses cocoon.
> [ANOTHER APP]    I have a xslt that is applied during a pipe.
>
>    Now, in a servlet i have the XSLT extracted from a database.
>
>    I put this bytearray into request.
> [COCOON]
>    I can create a custom transformer that read the bean from request
> (my XSLT) but how to create a Source object out of it?
>
>    I tried to extend TraxTransformer to do the job but I cannot
> succesfully create a excalibur source out of a DOM representing the
> XSLT. (I can create SAXSource, DOMSource, InputStream or anything else).
>
> My approach is wrong ?
>
> Any other proposal ?
>
> Best Regards
>    Marius

A solution can be that the application is saving the xslt in a place,
and coocon use the default tranformer to apply the transformation ....
but I don't like.

Any other solution ?

Posted by Marius Oancea <ma...@yahoo.ca>.
Thanx a lot. XModuleSource save my life.

To document a bit I did the following things:

I added XModuleSource, XModuleSourceFactory and jxpath.DOMFactory and
added to my project (beacuse i had a cocoon instalation that was not
providing that (cocoon 2.1.1)

The I adjusted sitemap.xmap :
          <map:transform src="context://stylesheets/tm_fo.xsl"/>
into
        <map:transform src="xmodule:request-attr:dom_xslt"/>

And you have to let coocoon know about the meening of xmodule syntax:
modified cocoon.xconf:
    I added     <component-instance
class="cocoon.transformer.XModuleSourceFactory" name="xmodule"/>

Then i added the Node element representing the xslt on request at key
"dom_xslt" and that is all.

Cheers
    M.

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.