Posted to dev@openwhisk.apache.org by Erez Hadad <ER...@il.ibm.com> on 2018/12/26 18:54:48 UTC

New performance test tool - overhead

Hi folks,

I'm working on a performance-sensitive application based on OpenWhisk. As
part of this work, I need to measure both latency and throughput of
actions and of rules, and separate the action execution time from the
OpenWhisk processing (=overhead) time.
Lacking a proper tool for the task, I developed one, which is currently at
a this repo: https://github.com/ibmerezh/overhead
This tool contains several new capabilities beyond benchmarking rules,
such as deeper profiling based on timestamps from the activation records
and more. Please have a look at the README.md for details.

Please review, use the tool, and comment - I'd like to consider a PR for
adding this tool to the OW repo.

Regards,
-- Erez

Erez Hadad, PhD