Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Malte Kempff <ke...@medicalcolumbus.de> on 2003/01/30 12:54:45 UTC

zipping Soap

Hi everyone,
I am using Soap for doing RPCs in an Java-Web-Start-application.
I need to transfer a log of Data and this takes a while.
As far I understand the xml which soap produces is not packed in a way. Is
Soap able to pack its messages which are transported?
When yes what do I have to do for it?

many thanks in advance,

Malte

Re: Problem running SOAP sample in Apache SOAP 2.3.1

Posted by Mukul <mu...@yahoo.com>.
thanks a lot! I am now able to call the SOAP service..

Regards,
Mukul

"elementType=http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/:xml-soap-address-demo:address".

http://shopping.yahoo.com

Re: Problem running SOAP sample in Apache SOAP 2.3.1

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
See my comment below

Re: zipping Soap

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
Martin,

If you haven't noticed, your computer is living in the past (7 Sep
2002)

Re: zipping Soap

Re: zipping Soap

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
I have committed a patch which I believe will fix your problem, which
from my tests I believe would occur when you have a null value for a
Vector element.

Re: zipping Soap

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.

AW: AW: zipping Soap URGENT

Is this existing code that works with another version of Apache SOAP
but not the nightly build?  If so, can you post the code?

On 4 Feb 2003 at 18:29, Malte Kempff wrote:

> Hi Scott
> Thank you for the hint.
> But since I am trying the new soap-version form nightly build of SOAP
> (2.2.2002)
> I get an Error
> No mapping found for 'java.lang.Object' using encoding style
> 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/'.
>
> I noticed that this soap-version is about 18 kb smaler in the jar-file
than
> the last one I used.
>
> could you help me what I am to do?
>
> Malte

Scott Nichol

AW: AW: zipping Soap URGENT

Is this existing code that works with another version of Apache SOAP
but not the nightly build?  If so, can you post the code?

On 4 Feb 2003 at 18:29, Malte Kempff wrote:

> Hi Scott
> Thank you for the hint.
> But since I am trying the new soap-version form nightly build of SOAP
> (2.2.2002)
> I get an Error
> No mapping found for 'java.lang.Object' using encoding style
> 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/'.
>
> I noticed that this soap-version is about 18 kb smaler in the jar-file
than
> the last one I used.
>
> could you help me what I am to do?
>
> Malte

Scott Nichol

Re: AW: zipping Soap URGENT

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
Is this existing code that works with another version of Apache SOAP
but not the nightly build?  If so, can you post the code?

On 4 Feb 2003 at 18:29, Malte Kempff wrote:

> Hi Scott
> Thank you for the hint.
> But since I am trying the new soap-version form nightly build of SOAP
> (2.2.2002)
> I get an Error
> No mapping found for 'java.lang.Object' using encoding style
> 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/'.
>
> I noticed that this soap-version is about 18 kb smaler in the jar-file than
> the last one I used.
>
> could you help me what I am to do?
>
> Malte

Scott Nichol

AW: zipping Soap URGENT

Re: zipping Soap

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.

Re: zipping Soap

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.

Re: zipping Soap

Posted by "Jesus M. Salvo Jr." <je...@migasia.com>.

Re: zipping Soap

Posted by "Jesus M. Salvo Jr." <je...@migasia.com>.

Re: zipping Soap

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
If you use a nightly build of SOAP, there is a setGzip method on
SOAPContext that allows you to specify that the payload should be
gzipped.  There is also support for a deployment descriptor option to
gzip the payload sent by the service.  The nightly build has a gzip
sample that demonstrates this.

On 30 Jan 2003 at 12:54, Malte Kempff wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> I am using Soap for doing RPCs in an Java-Web-Start-application.
> I need to transfer a log of Data and this takes a while.
> As far I understand the xml which soap produces is not packed in a way. Is
> Soap able to pack its messages which are transported?
> When yes what do I have to do for it?
>
> many thanks in advance,
>
> Malte

Scott Nichol

Re: zipping Soap

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
If you use a nightly build of SOAP, there is a setGzip method on
SOAPContext that allows you to specify that the payload should be
gzipped.  There is also support for a deployment descriptor option to
gzip the payload sent by the service.  The nightly build has a gzip
sample that demonstrates this.

On 30 Jan 2003 at 12:54, Malte Kempff wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> I am using Soap for doing RPCs in an Java-Web-Start-application.
> I need to transfer a log of Data and this takes a while.
> As far I understand the xml which soap produces is not packed in a way. Is
> Soap able to pack its messages which are transported?
> When yes what do I have to do for it?
>
> many thanks in advance,
>
> Malte

Scott Nichol