Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Marcus Fritze <ma...@googlemail.com> on 2013/03/16 15:09:35 UTC

[OT] open locally saved Flex projects in Chrome browser, not working anymore?

Hi list,

sorry for this off-topic question but I am almost crying, because nothing is working, as it should!!!

Ok, I experienced a bug when uploading files in Chrome using FileReference.upload() and wanted to test this bug. (later in another email some word to this bug) So I created a Flex project and opened this locally saved project in Chrome with the URL

file:///Users/marcus/Documents/workspace/FileUploadBug/bin/FileUploadBugTest.html

But all I can see is a blank white page (the backgroundColor of my application). When I change the backgroundColor in the project, Chrome shows me the new backGroundColor, but the rest (the whole application) is missing! I have tested other flex projects I have created and the same issue!

In Firefox everything is working fine.

My system:

Mac OS X 10.8.3 (today I updated to the new version!)
German OS X language

Chrome Version 27.0.1423.0 dev with 11.6.602.171 Pepper Flash Player
and
Chrome Version 25.0.1364.172 with 11.6.602.180 Pepper Flash Player

both are not working.

Can someone please confirm!!!

I would create a bug in the chrome issue management system, if someone can confirm this issue!

Thanks in advance.

Marcus Fritze

Re: [OT] open locally saved Flex projects in Chrome browser, not working anymore?

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
OK.  There's a lot going on this week, but I will try to get to it.  I've
installed Chrome today.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: [OT] open locally saved Flex projects in Chrome browser, not working anymore?

Posted by Marcus Fritze <ma...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: [OT] open locally saved Flex projects in Chrome browser, not working anymore?

Posted by Marcus Fritze <ma...@googlemail.com>.
Thank you Alex.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
You app is simple enough that it is unlikely that an invalidation loop is
the problem.

Looks like other folks have complained about this.  Does it work if you run

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: [OT] open locally saved Flex projects in Chrome browser, not working anymore?

Posted by Marcus Fritze <ma...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Marcus Fritze <ma...@googlemail.com>.
Thanks Alex for your answer, but this is my app:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<s:Application xmlns:fx="http://ns.adobe.com/mxml/2009"
			   xmlns:mx="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/mx" minWidth="955" minHeight="600">
	<s:layout>
		<s:VerticalLayout/>
	</s:layout>
	<fx:Declarations>
		<!-- Platzieren Sie nichtvisuelle Elemente (z. B. Dienste, Wertobjekte) hier -->
	</fx:Declarations>

	<s:Label text="NEU"/>

</s:Application>

I can't see something wrong in this app?! And I think it's impossible to debug Pepper Flash Player in Chrome. Correct? I realized, that some Flex projects will be shown in Chrome and some not. This is very frustrating. I feel like a beta-tester for Chromes Pepper Flash!

Thanks

Marcus

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

--