Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by sh...@pfpc.com on 2003/09/19 16:17:47 UTC

TCP transport in axis

Can I write an axis client to communicate to a tcp server that is
not written in axis? Would anyone happen to have any examples of it? (The
example I see in the axis samples directory 'transport/tcp' has the server
as well as client implementaion in axis.   I only need the client part of
that implementation)

Thank you very much.
Sharada

Re: TCP transport in axis

Posted by Henrik Vendelbo <hv...@bluprints.com>.
The code for server and client is largely the same. So you merely ignore the
fact that you are gettting both, and the classloader will do the same. The
only overhead is space on your harddisk. Axis does not expect to be talking
on Axis on the other side, but anyone that adheres to the transport
protocol. Look at the architecture document on the site, and it will explain
how alternative protocol and message format support can be implemented.