Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Joe Polk <li...@javelinux.com> on 2005/03/21 15:40:54 UTC

Porn Spam

I have a friend who has seen a rediculous amount of porn spam lately. He is
setup with SA+clamav-milter+clamd. We have a few rules in place but nothing
seems to put a dent in the porn spam. I know someone mentioned a new rule
coming out to target porn. Is it ready? Anyone have any advise? Is there a
good list of known spamming porn domains we could plug into hosts.deny or
something?

--
<<JAV>>

Re: Porn Spam

Posted by Jeff Chan <je...@surbl.org>.
On Monday, March 21, 2005, 6:40:54 AM, Joe Polk wrote:
> I have a friend who has seen a rediculous amount of porn spam lately. He is
> setup with SA+clamav-milter+clamd. We have a few rules in place but nothing
> seems to put a dent in the porn spam. I know someone mentioned a new rule
> coming out to target porn. Is it ready? Anyone have any advise? Is there a
> good list of known spamming porn domains we could plug into hosts.deny or
> something?

Try SURBLs:

  http://www.surbl.org/

Jeff C.
--
Jeff Chan
mailto:jeffc@surbl.org

Re: Porn Spam

Posted by Raymond Dijkxhoorn <ra...@prolocation.net>.
Hi!

> Any caveats to upgrading to 3.x? Any configs I need to check for overwrite?

You should follow the docs, there is much mentioned there. Like upgrading
your bayes databases. If you use those...

>> You dont happen to have the SURBL plugin installed i guess?
>> Would be wise to upgrade to SA 3.x or install the plugin for SURBL.
>>
>> See: http://sourceforge.net/projects/spamcopuri/
>>
>> I am positive it will block most of the crap that you now see
>> passing the filters.

If you dont want or dont have the time to do it now, then at least install
the plugin mentioned above. Works well also.

Bye,
Raymond.

Re: Porn Spam

Posted by qqqq <qq...@usermail.com>.
IMHO, 3.x is by far the best and most efficient release to date.

Just follow the doc.  It's very easy.

QQQQ

Posted by Joe Polk <li...@javelinux.com>.

------- End of Original Message -------

Re: Porn Spam

Posted by Raymond Dijkxhoorn <ra...@prolocation.net>.
Hi!

Re: Porn Spam

Posted by Joe Polk <li...@javelinux.com>.
He's on 2.64 currently.

--
<<JAV>>

> You don't say what version of SA you are referring to. The best
> thing is to upgrade to latest SA which does a terrific job using
> several URL black lists. This is a new feature in SA that looks for
> URLs in spam. This will likely stop your problem without having to
> write special rules.
>
> > I have a friend who has seen a rediculous amount of porn spam lately. He
> > is
> > setup with SA+clamav-milter+clamd. We have a few rules in place but
> > nothing
> > seems to put a dent in the porn spam. I know someone mentioned a new rule
> > coming out to target porn. Is it ready? Anyone have any advise? Is there a
> > good list of known spamming porn domains we could plug into hosts.deny or
> > something?
> >
> > --
> > <<JAV>>

------- End of Original Message -------

Re: Porn Spam

Posted by ga...@netrox.net.

Re: Porn Spam

Posted by qqqq <qq...@usermail.com>.
Jon,

Can you post the rule for this?  I would like to see an example.

TIA,

QQQQ