Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Mark Mueller <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2003/01/10 02:51:10 UTC

How to use tcpmon to monitor SOAP response from a remote server

I can't find any documentation on how to set up tcpmon
to intercept a SOAP exchange with a remote server.
Here's what I tried.

In the ServiceLocator file I changed:
java.lang.String ISoapFindMP3Port_address =
"http://www.agnisoft.com/cgi-bin/soapmp3search.exe/soap/ISoapFindMP3";
to:
java.lang.String ISoapFindMP3Port_address =
"http://localhost:8880";
where 8880 is the local port tcpmon is listening on.

In tcpmon, I selected to act as a listener with the
target host set to:
www.agnisoft.com/cgi-bin/soapmp3search.exe/soap/ISoapFindMP3

No matter what I put in the target port, I get this as
a response:
java.net.UnknownHostException:
www.agnisoft.com/cgi-bin/soapmp3search.exe/soap/ISoapFindMP3

Actually, if I set the host to www.agnisoft.com and
the port to 80, I get an error message from agnisoft.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong, or where I
could find information on how to configure tcpmon to
do this?

   Mark

http://mailplus.yahoo.com

Re: How to use tcpmon to monitor SOAP response from a remote server

Posted by Mark Mueller <ma...@yahoo.com>.
I solved my problem.  In the ServiceLocator file I
needed to substitute "localhost" and the tcpmon
listening port for the service host -- but leave the
rest of the URL as it was:

java.lang.String ISoapFindMP3Port_address =
"http://localhost:8880/cgi-bin/soapmp3search.exe/soap/ISoapFindMP3";

   Mark

http://mailplus.yahoo.com