Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Mete Kural <me...@touchtonecorp.com> on 2003/09/16 11:25:52 UTC

Re: Where is Struts 2 going?

Hello Struts developers,

What will the role of the JSR-168 Portlet specification be for Struts 2? Will Struts 2 be a hybrid framework for both portlet applications and plain servlet applications?

Thanks,
Mete

Re: Where is Struts 2 going?

Posted by Joe Germuska <Jo...@Germuska.com>.
At 10:25 +0100 9/16/03, Mete Kural wrote:
>What will the role of the JSR-168 Portlet specification be for
>Struts 2? Will Struts 2 be a hybrid framework for both portlet
>applications and plain servlet applications?

 From http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/status.html:

Target features [for Struts 2.x] include:
"Transparent support for a portlet environment (JSR 168), with
minimal-to-no changes in your business logic and pages. "

That page also has a "JSR-168 whiteboard".

Joe

Joe Germuska
Joe@Germuska.com
http://blog.germuska.com
"If nature worked that way, the universe would crash all the time."
	--Jaron Lanier

Re: Where is Struts 2 going?

Posted by David Graham <gr...@yahoo.com>.
--- Mete Kural <me...@touchtonecorp.com> wrote:
> Hello Struts developers,
>
> What will the role of the JSR-168 Portlet specification be for Struts 2?
> Will Struts 2 be a hybrid framework for both portlet applications and
> plain servlet applications?

That's the current goal.  If we design the request processor chain
properly, Struts will be flexible enough to support future technologies
rather than just Portlets and Servlets.

David