Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Garret Wilson <ga...@globalmentor.com> on 2005/06/07 21:19:32 UTC

more Unrecognized URL scheme

I've been using svn 1.0.x (I think) for some time on my Linux server.
Today I upgraded to r15001. I rebuilt, using the same Apache,
BerkeleyDB, and neon configuration as before. Now I try to do "svn up"
and get:

svn: Unrecognized URL scheme for 'http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk'

My /etc/ld.so.conf is as follows, just as it was before:

/usr/X11R6/lib
/usr/kerberos/lib
/usr/lib
/usr/local/lib
/usr/lib/mysql
/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/lib

My svn library files rae in /usr/local/lib. What's the problem?

svn, version 1.3.0 (dev build)
   compiled Jun  7 2005, 12:23:08

Copyright (C) 2000-2005 CollabNet.
Subversion is open source software, see http://subversion.tigris.org/
This product includes software developed by CollabNet
(http://www.Collab.Net/).

The following repository access (RA) modules are available:

* ra_svn : Module for accessing a repository using the svn network protocol.
  - handles 'svn' scheme
* ra_local : Module for accessing a repository on local disk.
  - handles 'file' scheme

Garret

Re: more Unrecognized URL scheme

Posted by Garret Wilson <ga...@globalmentor.com>.
Max,

Yeah, grabbing Neon from the 1.2 tarball fixed the problem. I would have
thought one of the build scripts would have complained if my Neon was
out of date, though.

Strange---I got the following error while installing:

lt-svnversion: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.0.9.7:

I had received a similar error when making Apache 2.0.54. I added
/usr/local/ssl/lib to /etc/ld.so.conf and did a ldconfig, and Subversion
installed fine. (I'll try Apache 2.0.54 again.) This is odd, because I
apparently didn't need this for older versionf of Apache and Subversion.

Thanks,

Garret

Posted by Max Bowsher <ma...@ukf.net>.

Posted by Garret Wilson <ga...@globalmentor.com>.
Michael,

Posted by Michael W Thelen <mi...@pietdepsi.com>.
Garret Wilson wrote:
> I've been using svn 1.0.x (I think) for some time on my Linux server.
> Today I upgraded to r15001. I rebuilt, using the same Apache,
> BerkeleyDB, and neon configuration as before. Now I try to do "svn up"
> and get:
>
> svn: Unrecognized URL scheme for 'http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk'

This means that your svn client cannot find the ra_dav library, which
provides support for the "http" scheme.

> My svn library files rae in /usr/local/lib. What's the problem?

Is libsvn_ra_dav-1.so in there?  I would guess that it's missing.

> The following repository access (RA) modules are available:
>
> * ra_svn : Module for accessing a repository using the svn network
> protocol.
>  - handles 'svn' scheme
> * ra_local : Module for accessing a repository on local disk.
>  - handles 'file' scheme

When ra_dav is available, you'll also see this:

* ra_dav : Module for accessing a repository via WebDAV (DeltaV) protocol.
  - handles 'http' scheme
  - handles 'https' scheme

What was the command you used to build the Subversion client?  Did you

--
Michael W Thelen
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with