Posted to rpc-user@xml.apache.org by Mirza Irwan Osman NCS <im...@ncs.com.sg> on 2002/07/04 10:23:54 UTC

ASCII, EBCDIC conversion

Hi

I'm a newbie in XML-RPC. But I'm sure my problem has been encoutered before.
I have an XML RPC servlet running on a Linux server(ASCII). And also an xml
rpc client code (in java) running on the mainframe(EBCDIC). When the client
code make the call, it gets the following error:

java.io.IOException: String index out of range: -1
        at org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient$Worker.execute(XmlRpcClient.java)
        at org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient.execute(XmlRpcClient.java)
        at com.ncs.sso.SSOCtrl.getUserXMLRPC(SSOCtrl.java:208)
        at com.ncs.sso.SSOCtrl.getUser(SSOCtrl.java:184)

I think this has something to do with conversioin between the ASCII and
EBCDIC. I have tested this code in other environment and it worked fine. Can
anyone tell me how to solve this problem. Thanks in advance.

Rgds,
Irwan

Re: ASCII, EBCDIC conversion

Posted by Adam Megacz <ad...@megacz.com>.
Mirza Irwan Osman   NCS <im...@ncs.com.sg> writes:
> And also an xml rpc client code (in java) running on the
> mainframe(EBCDIC).

There is no such thing as EBCDIC XML-RPC -- XML-RPC is strictly ASCII
only (not even Unicode).

   - a

--
Sick of HTML user interfaces?