Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by wildes <wi...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/26 16:38:39 UTC

IDE run configuration

Hi,

i'd like a help me how to run and debug blueprint applications on karaf
runtime from IDE. I have tried Karaf Eik 0.5.3 but it is limited to eclipse
plugins project, doesnt works with latest eclipse releases. I´d lik to know
a approach about configurations to run maven  projects.

Thanks.

Re: IDE run configuration

Posted by wildes <wi...@gmail.com>.
Yes, it's works properly only on eclipse  Helios Service Release 2, and
opened tickets on Eik project still exists.

Re: IDE run configuration

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

so it means that you use Eclipse Juno ?

Regards
JB

On 07/26/2012 04:38 PM, wildes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i'd like a help me how to run and debug blueprint applications on karaf
> runtime from IDE. I have tried Karaf Eik 0.5.3 but it is limited to eclipse
> plugins project, doesnt works with latest eclipse releases. I´d lik to know
> a approach about configurations to run maven  projects.
>
> Thanks.

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: IDE run configuration

Posted by Christoph Gritschenberger <ch...@gmail.com>.
What exactly are you trying to do?
You want to execute junit-tests that always launch a "clean" karaf instance?
You can do this with pax-exam [1] and pax-exam-karaf.

kind regards,
christoph

[1] http://team.ops4j.org/wiki/display/paxexam/Pax+Exam
[2] https://github.com/openengsb/labs-paxexam-karaf/wiki/

Re: IDE run configuration

Re: IDE run configuration

Posted by Andreas Pieber <an...@gmail.com>.
Hey Wildes,

You might want to give the dev:watch command in karaf a shot [1]. It
should do what you expect although it's no maven plugin.

Kind regards,
Andreas

[1] https://karaf.apache.org/manual/2.2.7/commands/dev-watch.html

Re: IDE run configuration

Posted by wildes <wi...@gmail.com>.

Re: IDE run configuration

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Christoph,

Depending of the "blueprint debug" expected, I'm not sure that
KARAF_DEBUG will be enough, but it helps for sure.

Regards
JB

On 07/26/2012 04:55 PM, Christoph Gritschenberger wrote:
> If you just like to debug, you can enable remote-debugging in karaf by
> setting the KARAF_DEBUG env-variable.
>
> export KARAF_DEBUG=true
> bin/karaf
>
> You can then connect your debugger to port 5005.
>
> The downside of this approach is that runtime code-editing is very limited.
>
> Is this what you are looking for?
>
> kind regards,
> christoph
>
> On 26/07/12 16:38, wildes wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> i'd like a help me how to run and debug blueprint applications on karaf
>> runtime from IDE. I have tried Karaf Eik 0.5.3 but it is limited to eclipse
>> plugins project, doesnt works with latest eclipse releases. I´d lik to know
>> a approach about configurations to run maven  projects.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

>> --

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org