Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Peter Slade <PS...@Bid4Vacations.com> on 2000/09/21 23:58:32 UTC

Help with encodeURL problem

Hi,

I am using Tomcat 3.1 and have a JSP application that maintains state
through the session object.

All of our code uses the encodeURL method to format the URL in case cookies
are turned off on the clients browser.

If cookies are turned on then everything works as I would expect. However if
cookies are turned off on the client browser then the session id is not
appended to the url string as I would expect.

Running the same code on other servers such as JRun,  encodeURL formats the
string correctly.

Is there something I need to configure in Tomcat to make this work correctly
or a location I could visit that could provide me with more information?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Pete.

Re: Help with encodeURL problem

Posted by Alex Chaffee <gu...@edamame.stinky.com>.

> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I hope this helps:

Post Tomcat-specific questions to the tomcat-user mailing list.  This
one's for general Jakarta issues.

Thanks -

 - Alex