Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Aishwarya Gune <ai...@confluent.io> on 2019/05/08 23:29:59 UTC

[VOTE] KIP-461 Improve Replica Fetcher behavior at handling partition failure

Hi All!

I would like to call for a vote on KIP-461 that would improve the behavior
of replica fetcher in case of partition failure. The fetcher thread would
just stop monitoring the crashed partition instead of terminating.

Here's a link to the KIP -
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-461+-+Improve+Replica+Fetcher+behavior+at+handling+partition+failure

Discussion thread -
https://www.mail-archive.com/dev@kafka.apache.org/msg97559.html

--
Thank you,
Aishwarya

Re: [VOTE] KIP-461 Improve Replica Fetcher behavior at handling partition failure

Posted by Gwen Shapira <gw...@confluent.io>.
+1 (binding)

Thank you! I especially like the new metric for tracking the partitions
with errors. Its those little things :)

--
*Gwen Shapira*
Product Manager | Confluent

Re: [VOTE] KIP-461 Improve Replica Fetcher behavior at handling partition failure

Posted by Aishwarya Gune <ai...@confluent.io>.
Yeah, will keep in mind. Thank you Colin.

Posted by Colin McCabe <cm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Aishwarya Gune <ai...@confluent.io>.

Posted by Harsha Chintalapani <ka...@harsha.io>.
Thanks for the KIP. +1(binding)