Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by GL...@syncrasystems.com on 2000/08/02 23:16:04 UTC

Xsi:type for simpleType

This is a question related to the validation based on XML Schema. I've found
that xsi:type seems to work fine for complexType but not for simpleType,
though the specifications indicate it should work for both (This is not an
attack, I do understand that XML Schema support is still alpha).  In
org.apache.xerces.validators.common.XMLValidator it only checks in the
complexTypeRegistry for valid types, so I was trying to put in some code to
care of the simpleType case; however, I am not very familiar with the code,
so I was wondering how one can extract the elementIndex using a String with
the type specifed by the xsi:type? Kind of like how typeInfo can be taken
from the complexRegistry. I may be looking at this wrong, so any help will
be appreciated. Thank you.
-Greg Larkin, Syncra Systems