Posted to users@camel.apache.org by AnuragS <as...@operative.com> on 2009/02/19 23:48:08 UTC

Using Apache Camel Asynchronously

Does it make sense to use Apache Camel for making asynchronous calls? Or the
old fashioned MoM is good enough.

Re: Using Apache Camel Asynchronously

Posted by AnuragS <as...@operative.com>.
Yes it does. Thanks for all this information.

Posted by Ashwin Karpe <as...@progress.com>.
Hi,

AnuragS wrote:

> Thanks Ashwin,
>
> I'm not anticipating the solution will require to work on different
> technology stacks as the "Producer" and "Consumer" are internal to the
> System.
> However, I may have to expose the consume side of the functionality as a
> Web Service later. Do you think I'll be able to leverage anything from
> Camel if that's the case in future.
>
> -Anurag
>

> Ashwin Karpe wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Camel is primarily a router surrounded by other capabilities (processors,
>> interceptors etc). Camel mediates between 2 or more technology endpoints
>> and applies rules, transforms, integration patterns along the way.
>>
>> Asynchronous behavior primarily involves setting up listeners backed by
>> an eventing framework. Camel offers this core capability and supports it
>> over several protocols, transports.
>>
>> If your solution is an all JMS solution (i.e a single protocol centric
>> asynchronous application) a MOM would do the job just fine. However you
>> would need to write the plumbing code yourself and embed it in your
>> application.
>>
>> If however your solution needs to do this over several protocols,
>> transports and technology stacks in a simple manner using DSL or Spring
>> DSL (with no need to worry about the plumbing code) then Camel is a good
>> choice.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Ashwin...
>>

>> AnuragS wrote:
>>>
>>> Does it make sense to use Apache Camel for making asynchronous calls? Or
>>> the old fashioned MoM is good enough.

-----
---
Ashwin Karpe, Principal Consultant, PS - Opensource Center of Competence
Progress Software Corporation
14 Oak Park Drive
Bedford, MA 01730
---