Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Edwin <dd...@excite.com> on 2008/03/22 17:48:13 UTC

[users@httpd] Virtual Host

 has enbody ever set up virtual host. I keep trying and it keeps giving me problems and error codes. I know I'm doing something wrong but don't know what any help would be nice.

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com

Re: [users@httpd] Virtual Host

Posted by j k <jo...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 8:48 AM, Edwin <dd...@excite.com> wrote:

> has enbody ever set up virtual host. I keep trying and it keeps giving me
> problems and error codes. I know I'm doing something wrong but don't know
> what any help would be nice.

As Craig said, tell us about what exactly goes wrong? We need more info from
you if we are to help. WHat error messages do you get. What is noy working?

Re: [users@httpd] Virtual Host

Posted by Craig Huffstetler <cr...@gmail.com>.
Can you be a bit more specific?

Maybe attempt to paste some specific information from your
httpd.confrelating to your setup of VirtualHosts, errors encountered
when attempting
to access the Vhost...

Everyone here has most likely setup virtual hosts.

Have you googled information on this?
"apache virtual host setup" in google (top results, main page):
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/vhosts/examples.html
http://www.unix-girl.com/geeknotes/apache_virtual_host_conf.html

I am assuming you are running Linux or *nix. Are you in Windows? If so, it
is still pretty standard, you just replace the file structure addresses with
the proper locations of where your directories are located.

Usually this is a pretty standard procedure. We, however, need more
information to work on to help you...

Standing by.

Sincerely,

Craig Huffstetler