Posted to dev@plc4x.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2018/10/07 16:29:45 UTC

What's happening behind the scenes ...

Hi all,

just wanted to take the opportunity to keep you updated on what I’m currently working on as I do realize that the amount of commits from my side has dropped … but it’s been some extremely busy time.
To be even clearer, I haven’t seen my office for more than 3 weeks now.

So besides two conferences (Solutions.Hamburg and ApacheCon NA) our first Meetup and finally having our first Release and all that had to go around this, I have been working on our first paid PLC4X gig at a large Pharma company in Darmstadt.

Here I’m currently working hard on reverse engineering the Emerson DeltaV protocol. I have made huge progress on this and hope to be able to port my POC code into a real driver soon.
Currently all I commit is this strange POC class, in which I save the current state of my research. But as soon as I solved the addressing problem (How are resources addressed?) I will port this to something that makes a little more sense and write a lot of documentation.

As soon as that’s done, we’ll probably start working on another POC for one of those major car manufacturers near Stuttgart. In parallel there will be 3 more talks as Conferences and User-Groups throughout Europe in October:

  *   09.10.2018: Between the Towers - Internet of Things (Frankfurt)
  *   16.10.-17.10.2018: Internal digitalization Fair (Darmstadt)
  *   22.10.-25.10.2018: OSS Summit Europe (Edinburgh)

Just wanted to let you know, that I’m still there and still working on PLC4X more than full time :-)

Chris