Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/01 00:21:57 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.2.0 release, second round

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 7:30 PM, Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 4:39 PM, Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 12:28 AM, Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org> wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I would like call a vote for the Apache CouchDB 1.2.0 release, second round.
>>>
>>> We encourage the whole community to download and test these
>>> release artifacts so that any critical issues can be resolved before the
>>> release is made. Everyone is free to vote on this release, so get stuck in!
>>>
>>> We are voting on the following release artifacts:
>>>
>>> http://people.apache.org/~nslater/dist/1.2.0/
>>>

>>> These artifacts have been built from the following tree-ish in Git:
>>>
>>> 4cd60f3d1683a3445c3248f48ae064fb573db2a1
>>>

>>> Please follow the test procedure before voting:
>>>
>>> http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Test_procedure
>>>

>>> Thank you.
>>>
>>> Happy voting,

>> +1 make check &, js tests & signatures ok
>>
>> erlang R14B04 - osx lion & snow leopard, ubuntu 11.04, 11.10, debian 6, fbsd 8.2
>>
>> - benoît
>
> While testing the reported issue I found COUCHDB-1426 which means we
> can't build couchdb with a different spidermonkey lib when another one
> is installed.
>
> I'm now -1 on this release.
>
> Also where can I set the icu lib path now ? The option doesn't appear
> any more in the ./configure command , only for windows.
>
> - benoît

Posted a patch fixing COUCHDB-1426.

Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.2.0 release, second round

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.
On Mar 2, 2012, at 17:02 , Noah Slater wrote:

> I think we should, at a minimum:
>
> * Abort this round
> * Land the R15B patch
> * Land COUCHDB-1426 (which seems easy)
> * Start round three
>
> I think we should try to:
>
> * Try to land COUCHDB-1424
> * Get clarification on the performance issues
>
> For these last two items, I think we should impose a time limit. Let's say
> a week.
>
> I think we should also form some teams, to see if we can do some sprints to
> get these issues fixed.

Sounds like a plan, let's go!

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org>.
Thanks!

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org>.

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org>.

Posted by Robert Newson <rn...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dirkjan Ochtman <di...@ochtman.nl>.
On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 17:02, Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org> wrote:
> I think we should, at a minimum:
>
> * Abort this round
> * Land the R15B patch
> * Land COUCHDB-1426 (which seems easy)
> * Start round three
>
> I think we should try to:
>
> * Try to land COUCHDB-1424
> * Get clarification on the performance issues
>
> For these last two items, I think we should impose a time limit. Let's say
> a week.
>
> I think we should also form some teams, to see if we can do some sprints to
> get these issues fixed.

+1 this is closer to what I feel would be the right thing.

Cheers,

Dirkjan

Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.2.0 release, second round

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org>.

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dirkjan Ochtman <di...@ochtman.nl>.

Posted by Robert Newson <rn...@apache.org>.