Posted to user@sqoop.apache.org by "arvind@cloudera.com" <ar...@cloudera.com> on 2011/08/08 19:00:20 UTC

Re: [sqoop-user] Dynamic Partition & Sqoop

[bcc:sqoop-user@cloudera.org (deprecated), to:
sqoop-user@incubator.apache.org. Please continue the discussion on
Apache mailing lists - for more information see [1]].

Hi,

Sqoop does support populating Hive partitions. The relevant command
line arguments you need to supply are --hive-partition-key <key-name>,
--hive-partition-value <value-string>. Please refer to the user-guide
for more details.

Thanks,
Arvind

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SQOOP/Mailing+Lists

Posted by Arvind Prabhakar <ar...@apache.org>.
Hi Bejoy,

The support for dynamic partitions is not there out of the box. If
this is required for your use case, I would suggest filing a new
feature request Jira in [2].

[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SQOOP

Thanks,
Arvind