Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Wei Tan <wt...@us.ibm.com> on 2012/10/16 21:29:55 UTC

readRequestsCount: 2 in one read

Hi,

  I am monitoring the readRequestsCount shown in the "Requests" column in
the web GUI of a server/region. I observe that, while a put correspond to
ONE write request, a get corresponds to 2 readRequestsCount. Is that true
and is there a reason for that? I got the same number in a table with or
without BF, and I am using 0.94.1.
  Thanks!

Best Regards,
Wei

Re: readRequestsCount: 2 in one read

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 12:29 PM, Wei Tan <wt...@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   I am monitoring the readRequestsCount shown in the "Requests" column in
> the web GUI of a server/region. I observe that, while a put correspond to
> ONE write request, a get corresponds to 2 readRequestsCount. Is that true
> and is there a reason for that? I got the same number in a table with or
> without BF, and I am using 0.94.1.

Sounds like a bug.  If you check the code, can you find the double count Wei?
Thanks,
St.Ack