Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Felix Meschberger <fm...@adobe.com> on 2013/04/02 09:22:50 UTC

Sling based FTP Server

Hi all

I have been prototyping a Sling based FTP Server in my whiteboard [1]. IMHO this would be a quite nice addition to the Sling code base.

How about moving that code to the contrib folder -- or if interest exists -- to the bundles folder ?

Regards
Felix

[1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/sling/whiteboard/fmeschbe/ftpserver/

--
Felix Meschberger | Principal Scientist | Adobe

Re: Sling based FTP Server

Posted by Antonio Sanso <as...@adobe.com>.
+1

Antonio

Re: Sling based FTP Server

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
+1 to move this to contrib

Carsten

2013/4/2 Oliver Lietz <ap...@oliverlietz.de>

> Am Dienstag, 2. April 2013 schrieb Felix Meschberger:
> > Hi all
>
> hi Felix,
>
> > I have been prototyping a Sling based FTP Server in my whiteboard [1].
> IMHO
> > this would be a quite nice addition to the Sling code base.
> >
> > How about moving that code to the contrib folder -- or if interest exists
> > -- to the bundles folder ?
>
> I'm interested in ftpserver and cachecontrol (already using cachecontrol in
> production - plain Sling, no CQ/dispatcher). IMHO both should live in
> contrib.
>
> regards,
> O.
>
> > Regards
> > Felix
> >
> > [1]
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/sling/whiteboard/fmeschbe/ftpserver/
> >
> > --
> > Felix Meschberger | Principal Scientist | Adobe

--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

Re: Sling based FTP Server

Posted by Oliver Lietz <ap...@oliverlietz.de>.
Am Dienstag, 2. April 2013 schrieb Felix Meschberger:
> Hi all

hi Felix,

Re: Sling based FTP Server

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@adobe.com>.
Hi

Thanks for the comments. I have moved to contrib/extensions (SLING-2823 [1]).

Regards
Felix

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-2823

Re: Sling based FTP Server

Posted by Dascalita Dragos <dd...@gmail.com>.
This is really nice Felix !
Browsing the source code I see the impl supports read/write, JCR ALCs.

Really cool. I'm going to use it in the next few weeks for an integration
with Amazon Transcoder.

Thanks for sharing the code with the community,

Dragos Dascalita Haut

Re: Sling based FTP Server

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@adobe.com>.
Hi,

Re: Sling based FTP Server

Posted by Dascalita Dragos <dd...@gmail.com>.

Re: Sling based FTP Server

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 9:22 AM, Felix Meschberger <fm...@adobe.com> wrote:
> ...How about moving that code to the contrib folder -- or if interest exists -- to the bundles folder ?..

+1 for contrib, thanks!

We can always move to "bundles" later if interest picks up.

-Bertrand

Re: Sling based FTP Server

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
2013/4/2 Ian Boston <ie...@tfd.co.uk>

> +1 for contrib.
> I think bundles should be reserved for bundles we regularly put in the
> launchpad. If that becomes the case for an FTP server, then it should be in
> bundles.

I assume there is nothing preventing releasing a bundle from contrib?

We can release them as we want - from that pov there is no difference
between bundles and contrib. It's more about maintenance etc.

Carsten

Re: Sling based FTP Server

Posted by Ian Boston <ie...@tfd.co.uk>.
+1 for contrib.