Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by rajesh202023 <ra...@rediffmail.com> on 2008/11/07 04:37:30 UTC

migrating from Tomcat 5.5.x to Tomcat 6.0.x

Hi,

I want to replace Tomcat 5.5.x running in my system with Tomcat 6.0.x. I
want to do this in a manner such that the applications that are running on
Tomcat 5 do not need to be modified in any manner to run on Tomcat 6.
I have gone through the Tomcat homepage and noticed that there are some
difference in the directory structure and some other stuff, between the
6.0.x and 5.5.x release.

I want to know what all and where should I change after I install Tomcat 6,
so that I am able to run the existant applications without any issues.

Please help, as I am new to Tomcat in general.

Thanks in advance...

Raj

RE: migrating from Tomcat 5.5.x to Tomcat 6.0.x

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: rajesh202023 [mailto:rajesh202023@rediffmail.com]
> Subject: Re: migrating from Tomcat 5.5.x to Tomcat 6.0.x
>
> But in the /lib directory all the *.jar files present in
> the 3 directories are not present. Some are there.

What do you think is missing?  Have you tried running 6.0 with your webapps yet?  It would take less time than this speculation has.

 - Chuck

Re: migrating from Tomcat 5.5.x to Tomcat 6.0.x

Posted by rajesh202023 <ra...@rediffmail.com>.
In Tomcat 6, the common, shared and server directories have been merged to
produce the /lib directory. But in the /lib directory all the *.jar files
present in the 3 directories are not present. Some are there. Does the /lib
directory take care of all the *.jar files, so that we can modify just the
catalina.properties file to point to this directory?

Please let me know ASAP.
--Raj

Posted by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>.