Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Raju Bitter <r....@googlemail.com> on 2012/04/17 22:43:25 UTC

SWF header version tag numbering scheme

Does anyone know if there's a complete list of SWF header version tags
in combination with the Flex SDKs? The  SWF header version tag (4th
byte value in the SWF file) used to be identical with the Flash Player
version (I think until version number 9), but for the 4.6 SDK 14 is
being written into the SWF. For 4.5.1 I get 11, 4.50 produces 10.

Is the Apache Flex SDK going to increase that number with every
release, or is that bound to Flash Player APIs?

Thanks,
Raju

Re: SWF header version tag numbering scheme

Posted by Raju Bitter <r....@googlemail.com>.
Alex & Justin, thanks for the responses. The information is probably
somewhere on the Adobe website, but I haven't found a complete list.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> Does anyone know if there's a complete list of SWF header version tags
> in combination with the Flex SDKs?

As far as I'm aware the version numbers for each flash player are:
FP 10.2 version 11
FP 10.3 version 12
FP 11.0 version 13
FP 11.1 version 14
FP 11.2 version 15
FP 11.3 version 16

The version number in the SDK depends on what Flash Player version it was compiled against so may vary.

It's a Flash Player feature so Apache would not change it or have any control over it.

Thanks,
Justin