Posted to dev@marmotta.apache.org by Sergio Fernández <wi...@apache.org> on 2013/03/29 09:14:42 UTC

jenkins

Hi,

after several weeks awaiting for it:

looks that this is something we can solve by ourselves...

As they said in the issue, could any of our mentors add all member of
PPMC to hudson-jobadmin group?

Thanks!

Cheers,

--
Sergio Fernández

Re: jenkins

Posted by Sergio Fernández <wi...@apache.org>.
Sorry for the spam messages Jenkins was sending. Here some conclusions
that may be documented somehow:

- builds are trigged every hour

- old builds are discarded after a week

- initially I set it up on any machine, after I realized in the current
infrastructure only ubuntu machines come with maven 3.x support

- some builds failed because issues connecting to the slave nodes that
have little to do with us, see for instance:

[Marmotta] $ /home/hudson/tools/java/latest1.6/bin/java -cp
/home/jenkins/jenkins-slave/maven3-agent.jar:/home/hudson/tools/maven/apache-maven-3.0.4/boot/plexus-classworlds-2.4.jar
org.jvnet.hudson.maven3.agent.Maven3Main
/home/hudson/tools/maven/apache-maven-3.0.4
/home/jenkins/jenkins-slave/slave.jar
/home/jenkins/jenkins-slave/maven3-interceptor.jar 54403
ERROR: Processing failed due to a bug in the code. Please report this to
jenkinsci-users@googlegroups.com
hudson.remoting.RequestAbortedException:
hudson.remoting.RequestAbortedException:
hudson.remoting.Channel$OrderlyShutdown:
java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException: Ping started on 1367227237544
hasn't completed at 1367227477544

Hope this tool in the end would bring more advantages that disadvantages
for the project ;-)

Cheers,

--
Sergio Fernández

Re: jenkins

Posted by Sergio Fernández <wi...@apache.org>.
On 25/04/13 15:45, Fabian Christ wrote:
> 2013/4/25 Nandana Mihindukulasooriya<na...@gmail.com>:
>> We need to run modify_appgroups.pl hudson-jobadmin --add=wikier in
>> people.a.o.
>
> Done! Can you try to use it?

Thanks! I got access. Now I'm fighting to configure the git plugin.

--
Sergio Fernández

Re: jenkins

Posted by Sergio Fernández <wi...@apache.org>.
Cool!

Hope now we would be able to properly configure the Marmotta jobs:

https://builds.apache.org/job/Marmotta/

which seems to be very unstable since we added to the ASF Jenkins :-S

--
Sergio Fernández

Re: jenkins

Posted by Jakob Frank <ja...@apache.org>.
Perfect, thanks!

Re: jenkins

Posted by Fabian Christ <ch...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Jakob,

Re: jenkins

Posted by Jakob Frank <ja...@apache.org>.
Please add me to the hudson-jobadmin group aswell.
Thanks!

Best
Jakob

Re: jenkins

Posted by Fabian Christ <ch...@googlemail.com>.
2013/4/25 Nandana Mihindukulasooriya <na...@gmail.com>:
> We need to run modify_appgroups.pl hudson-jobadmin --add=wikier in
> people.a.o.

Done! Can you try to use it?

Best,
 - Fabian

--
Fabian
http://twitter.com/fctwitt

Re: jenkins

Posted by Nandana Mihindukulasooriya <na...@gmail.com>.
We need to run modify_appgroups.pl hudson-jobadmin --add=wikier in
people.a.o.

http://wiki.apache.org/general/Jenkins#How_do_I_get_an_account

Unfortunately I don't have PMC chair karma for it but both Andy and Fabian
can do that.

Best Regards,
Nandana

--