Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Guy Bashan <gu...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/21 11:04:25 UTC

[MyFaces] Trunacte text

Hi all,

Is there some nice solution for showing text truncated using one of JSF
controls?

By truncated I mean, with maximum fixed length and "." added at the end.

Thanks,

Guy.

Re: [MyFaces] Trunacte text

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
Yes, there's a converter in the sandbox that will do exactly what you want.

http://myfaces.apache.org/sandbox/convertStringUtils.html
http://myfaces.apache.org/sandbox/tlddoc/s/convertStringUtils.html

Re: [MyFaces] Trunacte text

Posted by Mikael Andersson <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
if you are using Facelets you could easily do this with a Facelets function.

Cheers,
Micke