Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Benjamin Asbach <ne...@impl.it> on 2023/05/14 18:05:39 UTC

Maven Project Archetypes used by NetBeans

Hej,

I recently had a look into
https://github.com/apache/netbeans/issues/4552

I just wonder if NetBeans project want to rely on third party archetypes
which cannot be adjusted easily.

Would it a good idea to maintain and distribute NetBeans within the
NetBeans git repository so that the NetBeans team have full control over
these essential parts of the system?

Greetings,
Benjamin

Re: Maven Project Archetypes used by NetBeans

Posted by Benjamin Asbach <ne...@impl.it>.
Hi Eric,

we can change the `groupid` according to the requirements. Just wanted
to publish the sources so that it's more clear what I'm talking about.

I guess it would be a good idea to refer to jakartaee for the repo name
instead of javaee.

Greetings
Benjamin

Posted by Benjamin Asbach <ne...@impl.it>.
I started with a branch for required adjustments:
https://github.com/asbachb/jakartaee-war-archetype/tree/netbeans-adjustments

I'm also working on a PR in order to replace the archetype withing
NetBeans itself.

Greetings
Benjamin

Posted by Benjamin Asbach <ne...@impl.it>.
I wonder if it would be beneficial to have a dedicated repo for all
NetBeans related archetypes and just add any occurring concrete
archetypes as modules. So it's not necessary to create dedicated repos
for every archertype and it would be easier to just create pull requests
for existing once.

Greetings
Benjamin

Posted by Ernie Rael <er...@raelity.com>.
Hi Eric and all,

Posted by Benjamin Asbach <ne...@impl.it>.
I opened up a PR for required changes within NetBeans:
https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/5969

Posted by Josh Juneau <ju...@gmail.com>.