Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Tonny Kohar <to...@kiyut.com> on 2005/03/23 07:36:39 UTC

Request for adding constants

Hi,

I would like to request for adding constants for the following:
public static String DOM_SUBTREE_MODIFIED = "DOMSubtreeModified";
public static String DOM_ATTR_MODIFIED = "DOMAttrModified";
public static String DOM_NODE_INSERTED = "DOMNodeInserted";
public static String DOM_NODE_REMOVED  = "DOMNodeRemoved";
public static String DOM_NODE_INSERTED_INTO_DOCUMENT =
"DOMNodeInsertedIntoDocument";
public static String DOM_NODE_REMOVED_FROM_DOCUMENT  =
"DOMNodeRemovedFromDocument";
public static String DOM_CHARACTER_DATA_MODIFIED =
"DOMCharacterDataModified";

I am not sure where to put it, it could be put on:
- org.apache.batik.util.SVGConstants (existing)
- org.apache.batik.util.DOMEventConstants (new File)
- org.apache.batik.util.DOMConstants (new File)
- ????

Thanks
Tonny Kohar
--
Sketsa
SVG Graphics Editor

Re: Request for adding constants

Posted by Tonny Kohar <to...@kiyut.com>.
Hi,

> In the svg12 branch I've got an org.apache.batik.util.DOMConstants
> interface for DOM-related constants, maybe you'd like to put it in
> there.  (The svg12 branch should get merged into HEAD some time soon, I
> think.)

Thanks for the info. IMHO, DOMConstants is the most appropriate to added
those constants.
I do not have cvs commit account, could someone copy the DOMConstants
from the svg12 branch to the head and hopefully add those constants as
well.

I also forget to request this constants

public static String CSS_INHERIT_VALUE = "inherit";

which could be added under
org.apache.batik.util.CSSConstants.

Thanks
Tonny Kohar

Posted by Cameron McCormack <ca...@aka.mcc.id.au>.
Hi Tonny.

Tonny Kohar:
> I would like to request for adding constants for the following:
> public static String DOM_SUBTREE_MODIFIED = "DOMSubtreeModified";
> public static String DOM_ATTR_MODIFIED = "DOMAttrModified";
> public static String DOM_NODE_INSERTED = "DOMNodeInserted";
> public static String DOM_NODE_REMOVED  = "DOMNodeRemoved";
> public static String DOM_NODE_INSERTED_INTO_DOCUMENT =
> "DOMNodeInsertedIntoDocument";
> public static String DOM_NODE_REMOVED_FROM_DOCUMENT  =
> "DOMNodeRemovedFromDocument";
> public static String DOM_CHARACTER_DATA_MODIFIED =
> "DOMCharacterDataModified";
>
> I am not sure where to put it, it could be put on:
> - org.apache.batik.util.SVGConstants (existing)
> - org.apache.batik.util.DOMEventConstants (new File)
> - org.apache.batik.util.DOMConstants (new File)
> - ????

In the svg12 branch I've got an org.apache.batik.util.DOMConstants
interface for DOM-related constants, maybe you'd like to put it in
there.  (The svg12 branch should get merged into HEAD some time soon, I
think.)

Cameron

--
  e-mail : cam (at) mcc.id.au    	icq : 26955922
     web : http://mcc.id.au/	        msn : cam-msn (at) aka.mcc.id.au