Posted to jcp-open@apache.org by "Rony G. Flatscher (Apache)" <ro...@apache.org> on 2009/07/28 17:41:25 UTC

Re: Request for TCK for JSR 223 (Java 1.6 'javax.script')

Geir:

could you please find out whether we can get the TCK for JSR-223
('javax.script') from Sun?

This would allow us to run it against ASF BSF 3.0, which is an ASF
implementation of JSR-223.

URLs:

    * <http://jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/final/jsr223/index.html>,
      home of JSR-223.
    * <http://jcp.org/en/eg/view?id=223>, list of spec lead and group
      members.

---

If this is not possible for whatever reason, could I ask you - or any
other person on these list who would know that - to get the contact
address of the Sun person responsible as the JSR-223 lead?

The reason for this is simple: I served as an expert group member on
JSR-223 (userid: "jcp-3754") and as such should have the right to get
the TCK. This would at least allow me to run BSF 3.0 against that
particular TCK, such that I can claim whether a particular version of
BSF 3.0 would run it or not.

Unfortunately, I have not been able anymore to contact Mike Grogan (spec
lead of JSR-223), as e-mails to him cannot be delivered, e.g.:

        This report relates to a message you sent with the following header fields:

          Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 23:10:02 +0200
          From: "Rony G. Flatscher" <Ro...@wu-wien.ac.at>
          To: Mike.Grogan@sun.com
          Subject: Ping ...

        Your message cannot be delivered to the following recipients:

          Recipient address: @sunmail2sca.sfbay.sun.com:Mike.Grogan@sun.com
          Original address: Mike.Grogan@sun.com
          Reason: Remote SMTP server has rejected address
          Diagnostic code: smtp;550 5.1.1 <@s...@sun.com>... User unknown
          Remote system: dns;sunmail5.uk.sun.com (TCP|129.146.11.74|57021|129.156.85.165|25)

        Reporting-MTA: dns;nwk-avmta-1.sfbay.Sun.COM (tcp-daemon)

        Remote-MTA: dns;sunmail5.uk.sun.com (TCP|129.146.11.74|57021|129.156.85.165|25)
        Diagnostic-code: smtp;550 5.1.1
         <@s...@sun.com>... User unknown

    Not sure, whether this is a relaying error or not.

Again, any pointers, hints which would allow me to get in touch with the
current JSR-223 technical lead would be highly appreciated.

---rony