Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jerry Ford <jf...@katzenjammer.us> on 2002/12/22 02:50:28 UTC

progress, but still no mod_jk

Okay, I removed the nested comments from server.xml and tomcat now
starts up.

http://localhost works
http://localhost:8080 works (including servlets and jsps)

...but now http://localhost/examples/servlets produces a Not Found error
(previously, was giving me the servlets index.html, but no longer).

In catalina.out, there is what looks like a warning message about
mod_jk: "Make sure it is installed corectly or set the config location."

Is this normal?  Does this message always get written to catalina.out on
startup?  Or does it only show up when there is an error?

Here's the entire output in catalina.out after Tomcat starts up:

Dec 21, 2002 5:35:12 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol init
INFO: Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on port 8080
mod_jk location: libexec/mod_jk.so
Make sure it is installed corectly or  set the config location
Using <ApacheConfig modJk="PATH_TO_MOD_JK.SO_OR_DLL" />
Starting service Tomcat-Standalone
Apache Tomcat/4.1.12-LE-jdk14
Dec 21, 2002 5:35:19 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol start
INFO: Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on port 8080

Jerry