Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org> on 2001/04/10 16:45:56 UTC

ComponentManagement Infrastructure.

I want to alter the ComponentManagement infrastructure slightly.
I am changing it so that the DefaultComponentManager can be given
a RoleManager which is configured independently of the Component
Manager.  That will allow us to place the Role mapping into a
separate file completely, and keep it as a developer concern.

I will also add one more method to the RoleManager interface so
that ComponentSelectors can query for default classes of a component
type with a shorthand name.  This will ease the deployer's job
and not confuse them with too much information.

Re: ComponentManagement Infrastructure.

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Berin Loritsch wrote:

> I want to alter the ComponentManagement infrastructure slightly.
> I am changing it so that the DefaultComponentManager can be given
> a RoleManager which is configured independently of the Component
> Manager.  That will allow us to place the Role mapping into a
> separate file completely, and keep it as a developer concern.

This is done.

> I will also add one more method to the RoleManager interface so
> that ComponentSelectors can query for default classes of a component
> type with a shorthand name.  This will ease the deployer's job
> and not confuse them with too much information.

This is done too.

An example of this working is in Cocoon with a "cocoon.roles" file.
that describes everything you need to know, and all is well with
the world.

NOTE: There is nothing saying you can't use a hardcoded RoleManager
class with the framework.  We just have this one set up with an
XML configuration file.

Re: ComponentManagement Infrastructure.

Posted by Giacomo Pati <gi...@apache.org>.
Quoting Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>:

> I want to alter the ComponentManagement infrastructure slightly.
> I am changing it so that the DefaultComponentManager can be given
> a RoleManager which is configured independently of the Component
> Manager.  That will allow us to place the Role mapping into a
> separate file completely, and keep it as a developer concern.

+1

> I will also add one more method to the RoleManager interface so
> that ComponentSelectors can query for default classes of a component
> type with a shorthand name.  This will ease the deployer's job
> and not confuse them with too much information.

+1

Giacomo

Re: ComponentManagement Infrastructure.

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.