Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2006/11/03 21:47:15 UTC

Creating a repository for maven

I checked out the site, and did a maven eclipse:eclipse.  It contacted
uima18.watson.etc  to get modules.
I think this won't work for others in general.

Where can we put files that are "shared" by our development tooling,
build processes, etc.,
where they can be accessed by developers' ant scripts, etc., running?
(Maybe a question for
mentors?)

-Marshall

Re: Creating a repository for maven

Posted by Adam Lally <al...@alum.rpi.edu>.
> > Where can we put files that are "shared" by our development tooling,
> > build processes, etc.,
> > where they can be accessed by developers' ant scripts, etc., running?

Aha, I found some info about Maven repositories here:
http://www.apache.org/dev/repository-faq.html

According to that we should use this repository:
/www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/

And we are allowed to put 3rd party jars there as well.

Hopefully, we have scp access to that, or will soon.

-Adam

Re: Creating a repository for maven

Posted by Adam Lally <al...@alum.rpi.edu>.
On 11/3/06, Adam Lally <al...@alum.rpi.edu> wrote:
> I only set up a repository on uima18 as a stopgap measure
> until we could get one set up at apache.  (BTW this only hosts eclipse
> jars at the moment, which are needed to build our eclipse plugins.)

I should add that the workaround is to install the Eclipse jars in
your local Maven repository, as follows:

1) download and install Eclipse v3.1.2 from eclipse.org
2) set the ECLIPSE_HOME environment variable to the location where you
installed eclipse
3) run the script uimaj/mavenInstallEclipseJars.bat [UNIX users will
have to edit this to execute in their favorite shell.]

Actually for step #3 to work you need to apply the patch that I just
posted to uima-dev a few minutes ago, if it hasn't already been
committed.

-Adam

Re: Creating a repository for maven

Posted by Adam Lally <al...@alum.rpi.edu>.
Right.  I only set up a repository on uima18 as a stopgap measure
until we could get one set up at apache.  (BTW this only hosts eclipse
jars at the moment, which are needed to build our eclipse plugins.)

A Maven repository is just a set of files accessible via HTTP.  So I
imagine we could just add the files to a directory under our podling
website.  Of course, to deploy new files to the repository requires
write access, e.g. via scp... and I'm not sure how that works for our
podling website.

-Adam