Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by alexander dosher <al...@pacbell.net> on 2006/08/01 01:58:14 UTC

[users@httpd] Re: can't get mod_ext_filter to work

> Perhaps you used ExtFilterDefine in a vhost context? This isn't
> allowed for some reason, and configtest doesn't complain about it.
Yes, a vhost is where i need to use it, so no sense pursuing it further
i suppose. I'm new to the httpd community - is it worth filing this as a
doc bug?

And, since this won't work, can anybody recommend a simple output text
find/replace module that's available as a WinXP binary?

> Also, your Allow from is redundant as "Order deny,allow" means allow by default.
oopsie.  thanks!

--alex.

Re: Re: [users@httpd] Re: can't get mod_ext_filter to work

Posted by Vincent Bray <no...@gmail.com>.
> This isn't a doc bug as the docs for ExtFilterDefine specify "server
> config" as the context. It might be considered a bug that config
> doesn't complain though.

"apachectl configtest", sorry typo. Also, have you tried specifying
the ExtFilterDefine in the main server context and using
SetOutputFilter in your vhost?

--
noodl

Re: [users@httpd] Re: can't get mod_ext_filter to work

Posted by Vincent Bray <no...@gmail.com>.
On 8/1/06, alexander dosher <al...@pacbell.net> wrote:
> > Perhaps you used ExtFilterDefine in a vhost context? This isn't
> > allowed for some reason, and configtest doesn't complain about it.
> Yes, a vhost is where i need to use it, so no sense pursuing it further
> i suppose. I'm new to the httpd community - is it worth filing this as a
> doc bug?

This isn't a doc bug as the docs for ExtFilterDefine specify "server
config" as the context. It might be considered a bug that config
doesn't complain though.

> And, since this won't work, can anybody recommend a simple output text
> find/replace module that's available as a WinXP binary?

It might help for you to explain the nature of the  problem you're
trying to solve, rather than what's not working about what you've
tried.

> > Also, your Allow from is redundant as "Order deny,allow" means allow by default.
> oopsie.  thanks!

k :)

--
noodl