Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Pantvaidya, Vishwajit" <vp...@selectica.com> on 2007/07/21 00:04:25 UTC

Axis1 1.2 for Java creates elements in runtime wsdl that create probs with .NET wsdl2java

I am using axis1 1.2 java on server side with .NET on client side. I
added some new elements to my server WSDL. After I deploy the service
based on the new wsdl, the runtime service wsdl at
http://localhost:8080/services/MyServiceSoap?wsdl shows the following
types

with an empty extensibility tag.

<complexType name="TypeElement">

<simpleContent>

<extension/>

</simpleContent>

</complexType>

I would not worry about that, except that now on .NET side we get
following error in generating code from the wsdl - "Unable to import
WebService/Schema. Schema item 'complexType' named 'TypeElement' from
namespace ...The 'base' attribute is either invalid or missing.". I see
that .NET uses the runtime axis wsdl for that.

My server wsdl is as follows:

<definitions...

<types>

<s:schema elementFormDefault="qualified" ... >

<s:element name="TypeElement" type="s:string"/>

<s:element name="StageElement" type="s:string"/>

<s:element name="LastModifiedElement" type="s:dateTime"/>

<s:element name="VersionElement" type="s:int"/>

The strange thing is that the erroneous complex type does not get
generated for all newly added elements. It seems to be added for
elements referred to using the ref tag within other complex types in the
wsdl.

How can change the wsdl to eliminate the erroneous content from the
runtime axis wsdl?