Posted to pluto-user@portals.apache.org by alonso <al...@social-labs.com> on 2006/12/05 20:29:31 UTC

PLUTO-1.1.0-beta2: Invalidating portlet http sessions

After all, I could run the pluto-portal and pluto-testsuite on glassfish and
I run into my first problem. The portal passes all test's except one:

"Application Scoped Session Attributes Test"

This is because the portal http session and portlet http session have
different session ID, the explanation given by the popup test talks about
Tomcat 5.5.x. My application server is glassfish-b25 (version 9.1) which has
Tomcat 6.x as servlet container but I don't know how to configure
"emptySessionPath" on my installation.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Alonso

RE: PLUTO-1.1.0-beta2: Invalidating portlet http sessions

Posted by Alonso <al...@social-labs.com>.
Hi Craig,

 I would like to contribute to getting this running for every one but I
needed to create a new mvn project inside the pluto's folder tree, I called
it "pluto-ear" (which is an .ear file), it is the only way possible for
allowing "crossContext" in application servers. Attached to this message is
that mvn-project.

Even with that new artifact, Pluto can get running on glassfish because of
the missed DOCTYPE declaration of the web.xml file for the "pluto-testsuite"
artifact. I needed to update that by hand once deployed to get it running.

Documentation about deployment should cover the above mention, creating the
users and the manual install of dependencies (I'm missing anything?). With
your permission, I would like to write it on a wiki page but I insist, the
attached artifact I'm giving to you is NEEDED for deployment, I think it
should be part of the Pluto project tree.

Regards

Alonso

  _____

I haven't worked with Tomcat 6 or Glassfish, but in Tomcat 5.x, you need to
add emptySessionPath="true" attribute to the Connector element in
server.xml, which is found in Tomcat's conf directory.

Would you mind documenting what you did to get Pluto 1.1 to run in Glassfish
on a Pluto wiki page (http://wiki.apache.org/portals/Pluto)?

TIA
/Craig

Posted by CD...@hannaford.com.