Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by runu rathi <ru...@yahoo.com> on 2003/03/06 22:30:01 UTC

where to put data source and MSAccess driver for JDBC when Tomcat running as WINNT sevice?

Hi all,
 Where should I put my data source and MSAccess driver
for JDBC to find it? I am running Tomcat4.1 as WINNT
sevice. Presently, I get an error as Cannot find
datasource and driver.
I shall appreciate any help.
Thanks,
Runu

RE: where to put data source and MSAccess driver for JDBC when Tomcat running as WINNT sevice?

Posted by Rick Bullotta <ri...@lighthammer.com>.
First of all, there is no "JDBC Driver For MSAccess" that I'm aware of.
You'll need the ODBC driver plus an ODBC/JDBC bridge.  Sun ships one
with the VM, but I recommend the Easysoft JDBC/ODBC bridge (more robust
and flexible).  Place the EasySoft EJOB.JAR file in your webapp's lib
directory.  You'll also need to make certain that you set up a *SYSTEM*
ODBC data source pointing to your Access database, and use this to
define the JDBC connection URI.

Rick Bullotta
CTO
Lighthammer Software (http://www.lighthammer.com)