Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org> on 2006/03/27 15:51:40 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Remove SVN restrictions

-1.  I prefer the POI SVN to remain seperate.

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.
BTW Nick gave the legalistic reason that POI commiters are required to
swear that they have never been bound by an exclusionary
agreement with Microsoft regarding these file formats.  (He was slightly
inaccurate in his version as we don't require you to never have SEEN the
specs because some were/are released publically w/o restriction, we've
never used the word sign without "sign or been bound by" as
employer/member agreements can be binding w/o you signing it)

-andy

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.