Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Hugo Palma <hp...@digitalis.pt> on 2005/05/16 10:54:48 UTC

[m2] Exception assembling WAR

I have a multimodule project where one of the modules is a web
application therefor with war packaging.
The directory structure i use is the "normal" one with

src

 - webapp

    - WEB-INF

When i run m2 install from the parente module i get the following exception:

[ERROR] Cause:
org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: Error assembling WAR
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.war.WarMojo.execute(WarMojo.java:217)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPlugi
nManager.java:415)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.processGoals(Defa
ultLifecycleExecutor.java:169)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLi
fecycleExecutor.java:90)
        at
org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.processProject(DefaultMaven.java:253)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:167)
        at
java:39)
        at
sorImpl.java:25)
        at
org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:303)
        at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:243)
        at
org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:416)

        at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:363)
Caused by: org.codehaus.plexus.archiver.ArchiverException: Deployment
descriptor
:
C:\java\projectos\Digitalis\SIGES-Admin\target\siges-admin-1.0-SNAPSHOT\WEB-IN
F\web.xml does not exist.
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.archiver.war.WarArchiver.setWebxml(WarArchiver.ja
va:70)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.war.WarMojo.performPackaging(WarMojo.java:248
)
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.war.WarMojo.execute(WarMojo.java:212)
        ... 14 more

Any help out there ?

Cheers

Hugo

Re: [m2] Exception assembling WAR

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
On 5/16/05, Hugo Palma <hp...@digitalis.pt> wrote:
> I have a multimodule project where one of the modules is a web
> application therefor with war packaging.
> The directory structure i use is the "normal" one with
>
> src
>  - webapp
>     - WEB-INF

In that case, you'll need to add configuration for warSourceDirectory:

http://maven.apache.org/maven2/plugins/maven-war-plugin/war-mojo.html

- Brett

Re: [m2] Exception assembling WAR

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.

Igor Deruga wrote:

> Hello, Hugo!
> I had such a problem too, though my project's structure is far from
> being "normal".
>
> I can suggest adding this line:
> <webXml>/home/sandbox/myproject-3.0/subproject/web-content/WEB-INF/web.xml</webXml>
>
> inside the maven-war-plugin (just don't forget to change the path to
> your value). Here's the whole block from my pom.xml:
>
> <build>
>    <finalName>gw-weather</finalName>
>    <plugins>
>      <plugin>
>        <artifactId>maven-war-plugin</artifactId>
>        <version>2.0-alpha-2</version>
>        <configuration>
>
> <warSourceDirectory>/home/sandbox/myproject-3.0/subproject/web-content/</warSourceDirectory>
>

> <webXml>/home/sandbox/myproject-3.0/subproject/web-content/WEB-INF/web.xml</webXml>
>
>        </configuration>
>      </plugin>
>    </plugins>
>  </build>

if your web.xml is in ${warSourceDirectory}/WEB-INF/web.xml, it isn't
necessary to define the webXml property.

And I think it isn't a good idea to define an absolute path for your
properties. If you want to build your project in an other platform, it
won't work.

Posted by Hugo Palma <hp...@digitalis.pt>.
Thanks for all the replies.
Only now i've noticed that the webapp dir has moved inside the main dir
since Maven 1. I just moved the webapp dir inside main and it worked fine.

Thanks again.

Hugo

Posted by Igor Deruga <in...@hotbox.ru>.
Hello, Hugo!

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
You need to create a web.xml file in src/main/webapp/WEB-INF

src/main/webapp/WEB-INF is the default value of warSourceDirectory
plugin property

Emmanuel