Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org> on 2012/10/02 00:07:29 UTC

The OpenOffice team (Re: Need help, I can't open a presentation on my computer ....)

On 01/10/2012 Stan Helton wrote:
> I am not a member of the AOO team, but I have applied and am awaiting
> approval.

I'm not sure I understand this. What "application" did you send? We
still have many outdated pages on our website, so you might have
followed old or unclear instructions.

There is no subdivision into an "OpenOffice team" and "others": in
discussions on this mailing list all volunteers are on the same level,
so you become part of the team by simply answering user requests, like
this one.

It might be that you don't have the necessary privileges to commit code
directly to the OpenOffice repository, but this doesn't exclude you from
the team: most of the volunteers who contribute to this mailing list and
to the official support forums are in the same situation. So, welcome to
the team!

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: The OpenOffice team (Re: Need help, I can't open a presentation on my computer ....)

Posted by Stan Helton <st...@gmail.com>.
This originated from a college student requesting help with some PPT
files she could not open. I offered to help her. The problem turned out
to be that her data files were heavily corrupted, AOO was/is working
properly insofar as her particular problem is concerned.

Stan Helton

--
Courtesy is the grease that keeps the wheels of civilization turning.
Robert Heinlein