Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by David Oxley <da...@staffplanner.co.uk> on 2001/05/23 13:48:56 UTC

Multiple requests

I have been load testing our servlet and under high load requests start to
take a long time (30secs ish). When a request takes this long a browser
resubmits the request automatically. Is there a status I can send to the
browser to say that the server is actually doing something and therefore
stop duplicate requests coming through, or do I need to do some synchronise
code on the session (which seems a little dodgy to me).

Thanks.
Dave.
Dave@Staffplanner.co.uk

Re: Multiple requests

Posted by Alex Fernández <af...@tid.es>.
Hi David!

You can commit the response, and then the request will not be
resubmitted. But it's difficult, since the problem was that Tomcat is
not honoring the requests, to begin with.

In iPlanet, you can tell how many requests can be queued; it would be
interesting to know whether you can do the same in Tomcat. I know how to
configure a thread pool, but not queue size!

Un saludo,

Alex.