Posted to rampart-dev@ws.apache.org by Sanjay Vivek <Sa...@newcastle.ac.uk> on 2008/04/17 13:20:05 UTC

Errors when deploying two services based on the same java class to different servlets.

Hi everyone,

I've a situation whereby I want to deploy multiple servlets for a
webservice. This is because I've a need whereby the user can choose to
user either Basic Auth or Rampart Auth as their security mechanism.
However, I only want to deploy the web app once with the user being able
to choose between Basic Auth and Rampart Auth in the build file that I
have configured. So I have added the following to the web.xml file:

  <servlet>
  	<servlet-name>AxisServlet</servlet-name>
  	<display-name>Apache-Axis Servlet</display-name>

<servlet-class>edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.ws.GrouperServiceAxisSer
vlet</servlet-class>
  	<load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
  </servlet>

  <servlet>
    	<servlet-name>AxisServletWssec</servlet-name>
    	<display-name>Apache-Axis Servlet with rampart</display-name>

<servlet-class>edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.ws.GrouperServiceAxisSer
vlet</servlet-class>
    	<load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
    	<!-- hint that this is the wssec servlet -->
    	<init-param>
      <param-name>wssec</param-name>
      <param-value>true</param-value>
    </init-param>

  </servlet>
  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>AxisServlet</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/services/*</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>

  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>AxisServletWssec</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/servicesWssec/*</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>

However, I'm can't get it work and it appears that Axis just doesn't
like two services using the same business class. Is this indeed the
case? Is there a workaround? I read somewhere that this might be
possible by enabling my services for certain ports by having my servlet
contain to listen on multiple ports. Any insight in this matter would be
appreicated. Cheers.

Regards
Sanjay Vivek
Web Analyst