Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Manupriya <ma...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/23 14:17:49 UTC

emample for using SOLR for search against database tables

Hi,

I am very new to using SOLR. I referred through the documentation for SOLR
and tried to understand it.

Now have a feel of SOLR. My actual requirement is to use SOLR for search
against the database tables. I refered the link at
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DataImportHandler#head-ac5699cd97e4dced90f41ab0ff81fb752e9d350c

This link talks about web application only. Can I implement search against
DB tables through a standalone Java class?

Thanks,
Manu

Re: emample for using SOLR for search against database tables

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: Well, there is the EmbeddedSolrServer - Solr runs totally fine as a pure Java
: API.  It can also be embedded in your own web apps without having Solr as a
: standalone service.

and the starting point...

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/Solrj

IIRC: the API for monitoring/admining DataImportHandler isn't currently
very SOlrJ friendly, but it can still be used even in an embedded context.

-Hoss

Re: emample for using SOLR for search against database tables

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
Well, there is the EmbeddedSolrServer - Solr runs totally fine as a
pure Java API.  It can also be embedded in your own web apps without
having Solr as a standalone service.

	Erik

Posted by Glen Newton <gl...@gmail.com>.

-

Re: emample for using SOLR for search against database tables

Posted by Manupriya <ma...@gmail.com>.