Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "Hensley, Richard" <Ri...@McKesson.com> on 2005/03/24 20:52:50 UTC

Help with an exception

I'm getting the following exception, and I don't really know what it means:

Page recorder for page ViewTests is locked after a commit(), but received a
change to property testRequests of component ViewTests.

Stack Trace:
*
org.apache.tapestry.record.PageRecorder.observeChange(PageRecorder.java:119)

*	org.apache.tapestry.Tapestry.fireObservedChange(Tapestry.java:1339)
*
org.apache.tapestry.AbstractComponent.fireObservedChange(AbstractComponent.j
ava:304)
*
com.mckesson.lab.wo.tapestry.pages.ViewTests$Enhance_33.setTestRequests(View
Tests$Enhance_33.java)
*
com.mckesson.lab.wo.tapestry.pages.ViewTests.queryForTestRequests(ViewTests.
java:675)
*
com.mckesson.lab.wo.tapestry.pages.ViewTests.pageBeginRender(ViewTests.java:
648)
*
org.apache.tapestry.AbstractPage.firePageBeginRender(AbstractPage.java:463)
*	org.apache.tapestry.AbstractPage.renderPage(AbstractPage.java:293)
*
org.apache.tapestry.engine.RequestCycle.renderPage(RequestCycle.java:371)
*
org.apache.tapestry.engine.AbstractEngine.renderResponse(AbstractEngine.java
:732)
*
org.apache.tapestry.engine.DirectService.service(DirectService.java:174)
*
org.apache.tapestry.engine.AbstractEngine.service(AbstractEngine.java:872)
*
org.apache.tapestry.ApplicationServlet.doService(ApplicationServlet.java:197
)
*
org.apache.tapestry.ApplicationServlet.doGet(ApplicationServlet.java:158)
*	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:689)

Any hints as to what causes this would be very helpful. In the meantime, I'm
going to dig around in the source of Tapestry to see if I can get any hints
as to what my code is doing wrong.

Re: Help with an exception

Posted by Bryan Lewis <br...@maine.rr.com>.
I saw that exception once when I double-clicked a link that activated a
page.  It was pretty rare... it's easier to reproduce if I set my mouse
double-click speed to the max; then Windows doesn't see two moderate-speed
clicks as a single double-click event and passes two single clicks before
the first one has finished rendering.  According to this earlier posting,
this will be corrected in 3.1 (I hope):
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=tapestry-user&m=110980581508768&w=2

Re: Help with an exception

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
You must have a Foreach that is updating a persistent page property,
or such, during the render.

Alternately, you are seeing a race condition between two frames.

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 14:52:50 -0500, Hensley, Richard
<Ri...@mckesson.com> wrote:
> I'm getting the following exception, and I don't really know what it means:
>
> Page recorder for page ViewTests is locked after a commit(), but received a
> change to property testRequests of component ViewTests.
>
> Stack Trace:
> *
> org.apache.tapestry.record.PageRecorder.observeChange(PageRecorder.java:119)
>
> *       org.apache.tapestry.Tapestry.fireObservedChange(Tapestry.java:1339)
> *
> org.apache.tapestry.AbstractComponent.fireObservedChange(AbstractComponent.j
> ava:304)
> *
> com.mckesson.lab.wo.tapestry.pages.ViewTests$Enhance_33.setTestRequests(View
> Tests$Enhance_33.java)
> *
> com.mckesson.lab.wo.tapestry.pages.ViewTests.queryForTestRequests(ViewTests.
> java:675)
> *
> com.mckesson.lab.wo.tapestry.pages.ViewTests.pageBeginRender(ViewTests.java:
> 648)
> *
> org.apache.tapestry.AbstractPage.firePageBeginRender(AbstractPage.java:463)
> *       org.apache.tapestry.AbstractPage.renderPage(AbstractPage.java:293)
> *
> org.apache.tapestry.engine.RequestCycle.renderPage(RequestCycle.java:371)
> *
> org.apache.tapestry.engine.AbstractEngine.renderResponse(AbstractEngine.java
> :732)
> *
> org.apache.tapestry.engine.DirectService.service(DirectService.java:174)
> *
> org.apache.tapestry.engine.AbstractEngine.service(AbstractEngine.java:872)
> *
> org.apache.tapestry.ApplicationServlet.doService(ApplicationServlet.java:197
> )
> *
> org.apache.tapestry.ApplicationServlet.doGet(ApplicationServlet.java:158)
> *       javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:689)
>
> Any hints as to what causes this would be very helpful. In the meantime, I'm
> going to dig around in the source of Tapestry to see if I can get any hints
> as to what my code is doing wrong.

Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry
Creator, Jakarta HiveMind

Re: Help with an exception

Posted by Javier Sanchez <ja...@gmail.com>.
I've had had the same problem.  I found out it happens only with MS
Internet Explorer but not with Mozilla FireFox.

JAVIER SANCHEZ.