Posted to user@roller.apache.org by slitzu <sl...@luukku.com> on 2006/08/17 07:02:39 UTC

Acegi integration

Hi,

I need to integrate my Roller to use external database together with Acegi
authentication . I thought I frist try to use user identification through
Acegi with all user data coming from flat file. How do I do that? I am using
Tomcat and currently I have users in MySQL database but how do I change that
so that they'll be in the flat file and how can I integrate Acegi
identification in to that? Step-by-step instructions would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance!
Sent from the Roller - User forum at Nabble.com.

Re: Acegi integration

Posted by Matt Raible <mr...@gmail.com>.
You could try changing security.xml so the "daoAuthenticationProvider"
bean refers to the inMemoryDaoImpl bean as defined below.  You'll need
to modify the userMap to have the correct roles like Roller has.  The
current roles are "admin" and "editor".

    <bean id="daoAuthenticationProvider"
class="org.acegisecurity.providers.dao.DaoAuthenticationProvider">
        <property name="authenticationDao" ref="inMemoryDaoImpl"/>
    </bean>

    <bean id="inMemoryDaoImpl"
class="org.acegisecurity.providers.dao.memory.InMemoryDaoImpl">
        <property name="userMap">
            <value>tomcat=tomcat,ROLE_USER</value>
        </property>
    </bean>

Matt

Re: Acegi integration

Posted by slitzu <sl...@luukku.com>.

Re: Acegi integration

Posted by Matt Raible <mr...@gmail.com>.
I could write the instructions, but it'd probably take me an hour or
so to do it.  Unfortunately, I just don't have the time right now.  If
you read Acegi's documentation, look for InMemoryDaoImpl - it allows
you to specify usernames and passwords in security.xml.
Unfortunately, I doubt this will work with Roller as new blog owners
are not going to be dynamically created in this file.

Matt