Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Jim Talbut <jt...@spudsoft.co.uk> on 2010/12/17 11:14:29 UTC

Failure building latest trunk

  Hi,

On revision 1050333 building on Windows Vista 64bit, java version
1.6.0_21, Maven 2.2.1, I hit the following error:

17-Dec-2010 09:09:05
org.apache.cxf.tools.validator.internal.WSDLRefValidator
collectValidationPointsForBindings
SEVERE: {http://child/}Binding is not correct, please check that the
correct namespace is being used

WSDLToJava Error: Thrown by JAXB: A class/interface with the same name
"org.apache.cxf.testcase.cxf3105.LoginResponse" is already in use. Use a
class customization or the -autoNameResolution option to resolve this
conflict.

Tests run: 63, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 21.963
sec <<< FAILURE!
testCXF3105(org.apache.cxf.tools.wsdlto.jaxws.CodeGenBugTest)  Time
elapsed: 0.078 sec <<< FAILURE!
java.lang.AssertionError:
         at org.junit.Assert.fail(Assert.java:91)
         at org.junit.Assert.assertTrue(Assert.java:43)
         at org.junit.Assert.assertTrue(Assert.java:54)
         at
org.apache.cxf.tools.wsdlto.jaxws.CodeGenBugTest.testCXF3105(CodeGenBugTest.java:1148)
         at
         at

Looking at the wsdl I wonder if this is caused by a case insensitivity
issue on Windows?

Jim

Re: Failure building latest trunk

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Hudson is still reporting 1 test failure for JAXRSSimpleSecurityTest. I have
just run this test on Windows XP :

C:\Work\ApacheCXF\trunk space\systests\jaxrs>

mvn test -Dtest=JAXRSSimpleSecurityTest

Running org.apache.cxf.systest.jaxrs.security.JAXRSSimpleSecurityTest
Tests run: 5, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 4.063 sec
Results :

I've restarted the build on Windows, lets see. If it fails then I'll update
JAXRSSimpleSecurityTest to start the test server in-process and proceed from
there

Cheers, Sergey

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: Failure building latest trunk

Posted by Jim Talbut <jt...@spudsoft.co.uk>.
  Dan,

Posted by Jim Talbut <jt...@spudsoft.co.uk>.
  Dan,

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Hi

I've tried to fix most of the build failures on Windows (with the source
being checked out to the path containing spaces) [1].

The systests/ws-spec test failures seem to be transient, possibly caused by
previous test failures.
The only test I could not fix in the wsdlto/test module [2] is
CodeGenBugTest.testCXF3105
[3],
which is the very last test in the CodeGenBugTest.
Can someone else give it a try ? Note that both getLocation() calls in that
test already rely on the proper toURI().getPath() fix,

but

File f = new File(output, "org/apache/cxf/testcase/cxf3105/Login.java");
assertTrue(f.exists());

fails. It seems like the problem is inside WSDLToJava, I recall some JAXB
warning being generated - check it again next time I'm working in Windows

Cheers, Sergey

[1]
https://hudson.apache.org/hudson/job/CXF-trunk-windows/lastBuild/testReport/
[2]
https://hudson.apache.org/hudson/job/CXF-trunk-windows/org.apache.cxf$cxf-tools-wsdlto-test/5/testReport/
[3]
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cxf/trunk/tools/wsdlto/test/src/test/java/org/apache/cxf/tools/wsdlto/jaxws/CodeGenBugTest.java

Posted by Gary Gregory <GG...@seagullsoftware.com>.
Hi All:

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Hi

On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 2:46 PM, Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> wrote:

> I actually  did start adding a Windows job to Hudson, but there are  a
> bunch of test failues with it:
>

> https://hudson.apache.org/hudson/view/A-F/view/CXF/job/CXF-trunk-windows/lastBuild/testReport/
>
> The job was setup with putting the checkout location (and the .m2
> repo) into a directory with spaces (to test that scenario since, for
> some reason, windows people like spaces in dirs) so some of the
> tests may be failing for that reason.    I just haven't had time to really
> look into any of them, especially since I don't even have a windows
> machine.
>
> I'm hoping to do it asap, yes, most likely the two failing JAX-RS tests
fail due to spaces in the build path

cheers, Sergey

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: Failure building latest trunk

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
Hi Jim,

I also experience this test failure on windows. I opened an issue for
the problem.

As a workaround you can use -Pfastinstall to just build the jars or "mvn
-fae clean install" to at least build completely and see all failures if
there are more.

Best regards

Christian

--