Posted to user@spark.apache.org by yxchen <yx...@linkedin.com> on 2018/08/29 20:59:24 UTC

Is there a plan for official spark-avro/spark-orc read/write library using Data Source V2

Data Source V2 API is available in Spark 2.3. But currently there's no
official library using data source v2 api to read/write avro or orc files --
spark-avro and spark-orc are both using Data Source V1. I wonder if there's
a plan in the upstream to implement those readers/writers and make them
official libraries? Or maybe a Spark-Hive connector to read Avro/Orc tables
using Data Source V2?

Although it's doable to implement such readers/writers on our own, but
depending on the official library would make it easier to maintain the
project.