Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Justin Erenkrantz <je...@ebuilt.com> on 2001/07/01 23:23:36 UTC

Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0 STATUS

On Sun, Jul 01, 2001 at 09:09:41PM -0000, rbb@apache.org wrote:
>   -    * users who want to install third-party modules into the Apache
>   -      source tree (for static linking) need to have autoconf and
>   -      libtool installed. This is because the module needs to have its
>   -      config.m4 incorporated into ./configure, which means "buildconf"
>   -      must be run.
>   -      Note: This is in part because we have removed the "extra" directory.
>   -            In the Apache-2.0 repository, this directory had a config.m4
>   -            file that allowed people to add external modules by
>   -            specifying --with-module on the configure line.
>   -

Pardon my ignorance, but how do you add a module to a static build
without forcing a buildconf run?  -- justin

Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0 STATUS

Posted by rb...@covalent.net.
On Sun, 1 Jul 2001, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 01, 2001 at 09:09:41PM -0000, rbb@apache.org wrote:
> >   -    * users who want to install third-party modules into the Apache
> >   -      source tree (for static linking) need to have autoconf and
> >   -      libtool installed. This is because the module needs to have its
> >   -      config.m4 incorporated into ./configure, which means "buildconf"
> >   -      must be run.
> >   -      Note: This is in part because we have removed the "extra" directory.
> >   -            In the Apache-2.0 repository, this directory had a config.m4
> >   -            file that allowed people to add external modules by
> >   -            specifying --with-module on the configure line.
> >   -
>
> Pardon my ignorance, but how do you add a module to a static build
> without forcing a buildconf run?  -- justin

--with-module type:location

type is the type of module, aaa, filter, generator, etc.
location is the location of the .c file.

The exact autoconf code can be found in modules/config5.m4.  I wrote this
just after the last ApacheCon.

Ryan